" /> " />
REBECCA SEELEY HARRIS
CONTACT: +44 (0)1392 247464
The purpose of this Privacy Notice is to let you know how we collect, use, share, transfer and otherwise process information about you.
Who are we?
Company: Re Legal Consulting Ltd
Trading Address: Addlepool Business Centre, Unit B, Clyst St George, Devon, EX3 0NR
Data Protection Manager: Rebecca Seeley Harris
Contact email: email@example.com
We are committed to protecting your personal information, otherwise known as data, to maintain your trust and confidence in us. We are registered with the Information Commissioners Office (ICO) and we are a Data Controller. We will process and store personal data in accordance with the provisions of the Data Protection Act and the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR).
Personal data is any information that relates to a natural living person who can be identified from the data. Personal data may also include special category data (previously known as sensitive personal data) which relates to you, this may include the following:
• Ethnic origin
• Political opinions
• Religious beliefs
• Philosophical beliefs
• Trade union membership
• Genetic data
• Biometric data
• Health data
• Data concerning a natural person's sex life
• Sexual orientation
We will inform you what category of data we are collecting or that we obtain from any third party concerning you.
What information will we collect about you and why do we process it?
In order for us to provide the services to you we need to collect certain personal data.
We collect the following information:
We are intent on collecting only the information that is appropriate for the purpose and does not invade your privacy. Where we need to contact you for marketing purposes we will seek additional consent.
What is the lawful basis for processing the data?
In certain circumstances we will require consent to process both personal data and special category data, but it must be explicitly given. Where we are asking you for special category data we will always tell you why and how the information will be used.
You may withdraw consent at any time by contacting the Data Protection Manager for the company.
You may be under contract with us and that will be the lawful basis for processing your personal data.
Most of the time, if you are a client of Re Legal Consulting Ltd, you will be under contract with us, and this will be the basis for processing your data.
We may have to comply with the law in processing your data, not including contractual obligations.
We may have a legitimate interest for processing your data but we will let you know this if it is the case.
How will we use that data that we collect about you?
We will process the information you provide to us in a manner which is compatible with the EU’s GDPR. We will use all reasonable efforts to keep your information accurate and up to date and not keep it for longer than is necessary.
Specifically, we use your data for:
Drafting contracts, providing contract review services, negotiating contracts, and providing other legal services.
Do we share that data with anyone else?
We will not share your data with third parties without your consent.
How long will we keep your data?
We will not keep your data for longer than is necessary for the purposes of the processing. We keep some data for the length of time determined by statue and other data is kept in accordance with recommended guidelines by the relevant authority.
What rights do you have as a data subject?
As an Individual you have the right to be informed about the collection and use of your personal data. This is a key transparency requirement under the GDPR.
• The right to be informed
• The right of access – you have a right to access the information we hold about you.
• The right to rectification – you have the right to correct the data that we hold about you that is incomplete or inaccurate.
• The right to erasure – under certain circumstances you can ask us to delete data that we hold about you.
• The right to restrict processing – you can ask us to restrict the processing under certain circumstances.
• The right to data portability – you have the right to request that we transfer information about you to another organisation.
• The right to object – you have the right to object to certain types of processing.
• Rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling.
In order to exercise your rights, you need to contact us and we will send you a subject access request form.
Can I withdraw consent?
Yes, you can withdraw consent at any time. Please contact the Data Protection representative as above to request a withdrawal of consent.
How do I find out what data is being held about me?
You are entitled to see the information held about you and you may ask us to make any necessary changes to ensure that it is accurate and kept up to date. If you wish to do this, or you have a complaint please contact us at the email address above. There is no charge for this service.
You need to submit a Subject Access Request to us and we can confirm what information we hold about you and how it is processed. If we do hold personal data about you, you can request the relevant information, including the following:
• The identity and contact details of the person or organisation that is processing your personal data.
• The contact details of our Data Protection Manager, where appropriate, or the company’s representative.
• The reason and the legal basis for the processing.
• Whether the processing is based on legitimate interest.
• The categories and special categories of data.
• How long the data will be stored for.
• Whether the provision of the personal data is a contractual requirement or a statutory one and whether and what the consequences are if the individual fails to provide the relevant data.
• Any details of automated decision making, such as profiling and any relevant information about the logic involved in the decision-making process, including the significance and expected consequences of the processing.
Who do I complain to if I’m not happy?
If you wish to complain about how your personal data is being processed by us or any third party that processes data on our behalf, or how your complaint has been handled by us, you can complain by contacting us on the details above or direct to the supervisory authority:
Information Commissioners Office
Tel: 0303 123 1113
Document Control and Change History
We keep our Privacy Notice under regular review, it was last updated as seen below.
Version Revisor Description of Change Date of Change Next Review
v.1 RSH First draft 01/06/19
PRIVACY NOTICE - updated 24 May 2018